Monday 17 March 2014

Blog Updates - March '14

As discussed in my previous post, Blog Reflections, I have been constantly thinking about improving the quality of the blog and making it accessible to a bigger audience. So on those footsteps, here are a couple of blog updates as of today.

  • A new ShareThis widget is added to the blog to make sharing of posts much easier. This will enable users to share ICZ posts across different social networks - Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Tumblr, Pinterest etc. A few users have pointed out that AddThis widget is also good. Am trying to analyze which widget helps in faster page loading times. Guys, please drop in your inputs about the same.
  • A new Feedjit widget is added as well to track the live feed of visitors to my blog. This is an extremely useful analytics tool which helps me gauge the social interests based on the landing pages of the visitors. This should serve towards making informed decisions on creating more useful & like-able content. 
  • Thirdly, in order to add some color to my blog, I've decided to change / update my blogger header image once every month. Hopefully, this adds some flavor to the blog's personality and boost returning visitors. Something on the lines of Yahoo, which often changes it's logo with a different font. Or something like Google's doodles.

Lastly, let me quickly review my audience charts. The top 5 (lifetime) visitors to my blog so far come from : 

1. U.S
2. India
3. U.K
4. Canada
5. Australia

Note that a few True Detective posts got some great visibility and users from all over the world visited my blog, especially Europe. Most notable visitors were from Poland, Italy, Belgium, France, Brazil, Germany, Romania, Netherlands, Sweden to name a few. 

Finally, I'd like to assure that IronCladZone always strives to create great quality content to cater to users needs. Have good day folks. Ciao.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
eXTReMe Tracker